First and foremost, we want to extend a huge thank you for your kindness, patience, and support as we navigate through these unusual and unprecedented times. We are anticipating an open date of June 1st, however, this will be in accordance with the guidelines set forth by Governor Pritzker.
We will be available 7 days a week and offering extended hours to accommodate our guests with the safety guidelines and protocols, that we believe we will need to follow. Our team members’ schedules and availability may look a little different. Please rest assured, we will be working as diligently as possible to schedule our guests in as safely and as quickly as possible.
All existing appointments that were on our books before the pandemic began, will need to be rescheduled. Our front desk will be contacting those individuals beginning Friday, May 22nd. For your convenience, our front desk will be open beginning Monday, May 25th, from 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm. to start taking appointments.
Beauty and Balance will be adhering to all safety guidelines based on Governor Pritzker’s and the Illinois Board of Cosmetology’s recommendation.
Please note the following when scheduling and arriving for your appointment:
– All team members and guests will be required to wear protective face coverings (Beauty and Balance will provide guests with disposable masks, if needed)
– When you arrive for your appointment, please call the salon and we will guide you on whether to enter immediately, or to wait in your car until your service is ready to begin.
– You will be required to answer the following questions, and have your temperature taken:
- Have you had a cough in the past 14 days?
- Have you had a fever in the past 14 days?
- Have you been around anyone exhibiting these symptoms in the past 14 days?
- Are you living with anyone who is sick or quarantined?
If you answer yes to any of the following, or your temperature is above 99 degrees, your appointment will need to be rescheduled.
If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms prior to your appointment, please call to reschedule.
– Please arrive to your appointment alone, as no guests will be admitted. This includes anyone of any age and all pets (excluding service animals).
– Please practice 6 ft social distancing with the exception of you and your service provider.
– Hand Sanitizer will be available throughout the salon. Every client must wash and sanitize their hands upon entering the salon.
– Please keep personal belongings to an absolute minimum as they must remain in your lap during the entire service.
– Please leave all coats and jackets in your car, if weather permits.
– Capes will be laundered and disinfected before each client.
– The following services have been suspended until further notice. We apologize for any inconvenience:
- Beverages: You may bring a drink, however it is not recommended based on the need to wear a mask at all times during your service.
- Magazines have been removed
- Gowns/Smocks: Please wear clothes that do not need any additional protection during your service (especially color services). No high collars or turtle-necks, as these will interfere with being able to cut your hair or apply color. As always, we will do our best to protect your clothing, however we cannot be liable for stained or damaged clothing.
- Complimentary quick dry service after color appointments. Clients can still book a blow dry service with a stylist or leave the salon with damp hair. We are unable to provide any additional blow dry stations (including self service).
Our goal is to provide above and beyond, extraordinary service, while keeping our team and our guests safe! Please feel free to contact us via email at email@example.com with any questions or concerns. Once again, thank you for your continued support and patience through this ordeal and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Dawn and Kelly Stobart, Co-Owners
Beauty and Balance Salon